Monday 15 April 2013

Beauty Haul!

Hello Lovelies!

Firstly, sorry for the lack of posts! I've been terribly busy with my exam revision and spending time at home with my family and my boyfriend. 

But all is not lost! I've done a little bit of a haul today - yay!

I've been a little bit naughty today and popped into the MAC counter in Debenhams  I've been wanting a foundation that was to match my skin tone properly for a long time, and after one of my close friends telling me about her going into MAC and they matched a few foundations to her skin, I thought I would go myself and see what they could do for me!
The lady who helped me out was called Lydia, if I remember correctly.
She had the most fantastic make-up I've seen for a long time. She firstly sat me down and asked me about what my skin was like, oily or dry. My skin has always been quite dry so I've always needed to use a good moisturiser. She told me MAC have a moisturiser that will do wonders for my skin called Complete Comfort Cream
She buffed this into my skin, and then used the Prep + Prime Skin on top of the moisturiser. I like quiet a matte finish foundation rather than dewy, so Lydia recommended I try the Studio Fix Fluid in NW13. This gave a very good coverage to which I liked very much. I asked her about adding a little colour to my face as I am very fair skinned. She added Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to contour my face which looked lovely!

After all this, I was very happy to purchase the item I tried.
She was lovely enough also to give me 2 small sample pots of the primer and moisturiser.



After being at MAC I also popped down to Boots to get some bits and bobs.
I ended up coming back with the following;


1. Collection 2000 Fast Stroke eyeliner in black.
2. Rimmel Professional eyebrow pencil in dark brown.
3. Boots simply sensitive eye makeup remover.
4. Natural Collection blusher in peach melba.
5. Boots dark chocolate brown permanent hair dye.

Finally I also bought a new pair of high waisted jeans from New Look in a size smaller than I previously was, so yay for weight loss!

See you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. That peach melba blush looks lovely!

    My MAC collection is still only 2 lipsticks :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do like the blush!
      I tried a cream blush very similar to this colour in mac when she was applying my makeup but i felt super naughty if i had bought 3 products.
      Im going to do a few swatches and ill take a picture to show you, its very pigmented and only £2!!

      Id recommend you go in alana and just ask be matched to some foundations and such the ladies in my store were so lovely to me about it! x

      Delete